Apple Farm Kicks Off the Holiday Season!
Growing up for a bit in Solvang, California, I spent quite a bit of time in nearby San Luis Obispo. “SLO” Town is probably most known for its prestigious college, Cal Poly. I have always loved the area for its fun, lively streets (Marsh, Higuera) & the well-loved Apple Farm Hotel & Restaurant. While we’ve eaten there, its been a dream of mine since I was little to stay there. You can imagine how excited I was when they invited me to stay over & check out their “Miracle on Monterey Street” Christmas Open House, happening next Saturday, November 8th!
Nestled in the heart of San Luis Obispo, Apple Farm is such an adorable, romantic destination. Whether you walk down the street to check out the sights, or hop on their horse-drawn carriage, everything you need is at your finger tips.
Heres a sneak peek at some of the fun that will be had on Saturday:
- Complimentary refreshments property wide including hot cider, homemade cookies, dessert breads & eggnog.
- Santa will be here from 10am to 3pm for photos and spreading joy around the property.
- Horse drawn carriage rides from 10am to 1pm – Prior appointments required. Please call 805-544-2040 to reserve your ride. Reservations are very limited so call early! The minimum donation is $25 per family of 4 to 6 people to ride for 15 minutes and all proceeds are donated to Family Care Network of San Luis Obispo. Enjoy this special treat and donate to wonderful cause.
- Cookies for Kids – Buy any cookies from 10am to 3pm on 11/8/14 and the Apple Farm will donate all proceeds toFamily Care Network!
- Hourly drawings for fun prizes at the Gift Shop
- SLO Civic Ballet presents a “sneak peek” of The Nutcracker
- Complimentary ornament with $25 Gift Shop purchase
- Inn room tours from 11am to 2pm – check out our new rooms!
- Gingerbread cookie decorating
- Holiday photo settings around the property – great for those holiday cards!
- Wine & Beer Tasting
- Cake decorating demonstrations from our Pastry Chef Kathy Stanger
- Holiday floral demonstrations by our Floral Designer, Alda Hughes
- Hot Cocoa Bar – Create your own tasty treat for $2 a cup.
- Chair massages available starting at $15 for 10 minutes
- Live holiday music
Rooms are sure to sell out, so whether you want to go this weekend, or another one, make it a point to visit San Luis Obispo & Apple Farm this holiday season! Make your plans HERE. See you there 😉 xo
(*Disclosure: Special thanks to Apple Farm for having me for this event!)