I Won The Liebster Award!
Woo hoo! Who needs an Oscar, Tony or Grammy?! 😉 Jamie Gall & Elizabeth Scott have both nominated me for the very prestigious & sought after blogger award, The Liebster. If you’re a blogger yourself or familiar with us, The Liebster is a fun award bloggers give to each other so we can support & learn about one another. Since I accept both of these ladies nominations, I now answer the questions below, although with a twist of my own since I am combining this post; I am selecting my favorite questions from both Jamie & Elizabeth, then choosing 11 bloggers to pass the award onto & see if they will accept & answer my questions 😉
1) Tell me Your Blogging Story.
How did it all begin?
For Along Comes Mary, Jamie herself helped me get it off the ground. I have to say I am surprised myself that I have kept it up, but from the get go, it was a ton of fun & a great outlet for me 🙂
2) What’s something you wish you could have told your younger self?
To enjoy the life I had; that being on my own & having more of my own life would come in time.
3) Best piece of advice to give to someone?
“Just trust yourself. Then you will know how to live.” from Goethe’s Faust
4) What are your hobbies?
Besides blogging?! Theatre, being at events to blog about, reading, watching Law & Order:SVU or other dramas on Netflix with my dog, walking to the beach with my dog & trying to enjoy at-least one thing a day.
5) A blogger you can’t wait to meet in person?
I have met many I love already, but one…even though I have sort of met her, is Rebecca Tourino. She was an actress at a theatre I used to volunteer for, although I never really ‘met’ her, I watched her on stage all the time. I now follow her adventures from Seattle with her family on What She Means, I would love to see her & her family!
6) What five words would you use to describe yourself?
Ecelctic, Spunky, Unpredictable, Strong, Anxious.
7) Are you good with the camera?
I really love taking photos for my blog & yes, I think I have an eye that’s getting sharper.
8) What is your greatest childhood memory?
Up until I was 8, I feel lucky that I experienced very traditioal style christmases with my parents & Dad’s side of the family; A Christmas morning with lots of gifts, big tree & a delicious turkey dinner.
9) Favorite restaurant to eat out at?
Here in SoCal, I love so many but especially this hipster hangout cafe in LA called Fred 62. Although their pancakes are not gluten-free, they were literally rated best in the world from Gourmet Magazine. They have a massive menu, never close & play every 90s alt-rock, obscure bands I love.
10) If you could learn one thing just for fun, what would it be?
Afew years ago, a friend of mine’s little boy gave me a harmonica. About one or twic a year I say I will watch some how-to’s to learn how to play it
11) Best experience in life thus far?
The chances I have been given.
I am going to sksip over 11 random facts about me, but make sure to include yours, please!
And, now, my nominees are:
And, my questions:
1) Whats your state of mind as you write this?
2) Why did you begin blogging?
3) How did you come up with the name of your blog?
4) If you were going to a desert island whats a CD & book you would want to bring?
5) If you were a celebrity & needed to change your name, what would you make it?
6) Do you have a favorite item of clothing?
7) Coffee, tea or neither?
8) If you could move anywhere, where & why?
9) If you could learn any other language, what would you learn?
10) Favorite flower?
11) What song represents you?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you;
1. Thank the person, who you have nominated, and post a link on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget”.
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Give 11 random facts about you.
5. Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award; who have less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the bloggers whom you’ve nominated for the Liebster award. Remember to give a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)