Quick and Delicious Gluten Free Pillsbury Funfetti Fruit Pizza
Once a week, Michael and I have been hosting a group of friends for a night of binge watching a TV show. Currently? We have Dexter night. Now, mind you, I am NOT usually a fan of gory, violent shows. But, man, Dexter was pretty easy to get addicted to and we’ve even had to increase how many we watch per evening because we’re hooked!
Part of the fun of these kick back gatherings is the FOOD, of course. We keep it pot luck style and this week I decided to tackle a dessert. This was in part to the recipe on the side of my Pillsbury Gluten Free Funfetti cookie mix 😉
I go way back with Pillsbury; they were one of the first main brand baking companies to offer gluten-free products and I have always been a fan. I honestly have NEVER even had their “regular” Funfetti cookie and cake mixes. This might sound sad to some, but, in all honesty, all I hear is you cannot tell the difference with their gluten-free version, and I put it to the test as I set out to create a spring fruit pizza.
Not only is this a great, quick recipe, but, HELLO, its cookie as a pizza crust, and an array of fruits in season. It looks pretty, but we were quick to devour it as we settled in to watch our show.
What you will need:
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury Funfett Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Orange Marmalade jam
- 4 to 5 cups fresh fruit combination, such as sliced strawberries, sliced kiwi, whole small berries, cubed pineapple, etc.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cookie mix, oil, water and egg in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until evenly moistened. Press evenly onto prepared pan, just to the edge, to form a crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. (I cooked 15 minutes)
- BEAT cream cheese and marmalade in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread on cooled crust. Arrange fruit on top of pizza just before serving.
While the package said to “Serve immediately”, I went ahead and kept in the fridge til our company arrived, then we enjoyed every bite of this pizza dessert.
Have you had a Pillsbury Funfetti dessert lately?! xo