Travel the World at Yogurtland as Flavor Quest Returns!
Who doesn’t love frozen yogurt? Its been a love affair for me since I was a little girl. Over the years, several frozen yogurt chains have come and gone, yet, one that is clearly here to stay is Yogurtland and its no secret why they have become the leading one stop shop for your fro yo fix; All of the Irvine-based restaurants flavors meet the National Yogurt Association Criteria for “live and active culture frozen yogurt” and are produced in a kosher-certified facility. Yogurtland features non-fat and low-fat yogurt flavors as well as non-dairy and no sugar added choices while using milk that does not contain antibiotics or added hormones. As for the sorbet, fruit flavors are fortified with Vitamin C for an extra boost.
Whats not to love, right?! I was so excited when a gift card from Yogurtland arrived in my mailbox with an invite to stop in and try all of this year’s flavors they had dreamed up for their “Flavor Quest”promotion. Since I cannot make it to The Middle East or Thailand this week (darn), I decided to instead celebrate #TravelTuesday by trying out some of their featured flavors.
Yogurtland’s big international flavor mixer, serving up sensational new flavors inspired by destinations from around the world, has arrived once again for the fourth annual Flavor Quest that will go through June 1st.
Fans young and old can go on a global culinary journey with nine hand crafted, custom flavors and three new toppings, in honor of nine countries around the world. A new flavor launches each week and will be available for two weeks.
The featured flavors will be:
– Indonesian Chocolate Java Cake – This decadent dessert takes the cake with rich chocolate and subtle notes of coffee to create this Indonesian-inspired perfection.
– English Toffee – Blended with real butter toffee sauce, this rich gourmet sweetness will bring out your British side.
– Thailand Mango Coconut Tart – Taste a true tropical treat from Thailand and one of the country’s most beloved culinary combos. This flavor pairs two of the best mango varietals in the world and blended it with coconut water for a lightly tart flavor that refreshes your taste buds.
– Austrian Apple Strudel with Caramel – A new take on the classic Austrian dessert, this flavor blends real caramel, apples and notes of cinnamon for a delectable treat.
– Middle Eastern Fig & Honey Gelato – To create this sweet combination, figs, a staple from the Middle East, are paired with a touch of honey to create a rich and sophisticated gelato.
– Mexican Horchata – With real cinnamon and almonds, this creamy treat is an authentic spoonful of the deliciously sweet and popular Mexican rice drink.
– Argentinian Dulce De Leche Cookie – Creamy dulce de leche is combined with shortbread cookies to create an irresistible South American flavor.
– New Zealand Kiwi Raspberry Sorbet – This flavor-packed sorbet blends real raspberries and kiwi fruit to create a naturally sweet and crisp combination.
– American Peanut Butter Parfait – Enjoy a taste of true Southern comfort food without the guilt. This no sugar added flavor combines rich vanilla with real peanut butter for a delicious spoonful of flavor.
When I popped into my shop, I got to select from Thailand Mango Coconut Tart , Austrian Apple Strudel with Caramel and Middle Eastern Fig & Honey Gelato. Since the apple strudel was not gluten-free, the other 2 were and they were AMAZING, especially since you could swirl the Fig and Honey with my favorite: their Columbian Coffee! Adding honey to coffee has become all the rage, and its easy to see why; especially when the creaminess to the yogurt nearly makes this taste just like your morning java treat!
Make sure to stop by to your Yogurtland and try out all these new flavors for Flavor Quest. Once its gone, its gone!
When was the last time you went to Yogurtland? xo
(*Disclosure: I received a Yogurtland gift card for this review. All opinions are my own.)